I did some sewing for my little girl today. This particular pattern was a fun project.
"Dolly" dress, from Ottobre 6/2008:
I made it in size 74, only one size up from the last time I used an Ottobre pattern, but it is still a little big. That's OK though - there is room to grow and it will hopefully last through the winter. I lengthened the dress by 2 inches so it would be a little below knee length.
I sewed a little ribbon tag in the side:
Closer view of the yoke and sleeve:
I'm also working on a diaper cover to go with this dress, and I'm considering sewing a red jacket to match.
A huge plus for me was that I had all the fabric and notions to make this dress. It is always nice to have everything on hand! I bought the fabric for $1.49/yard, and I used just over a yard, so this was an inexpensive dress.
I let my Ottobre subscription lapse. I want to get the most out of the issues I already have, and then in another year or so I'll re-evaluate and see if I want to subscribe again.
35 minutes ago