Sunday, September 30, 2007

~Dishcloth~

Last Sunday, Deb posted about dishcloth she knitted which was also an entry for a little contest. The contest runs through today, and I just barely finished in time!

Anne, who designed the dishcloth and is running the contest, wanted the particulars, so here they are:
Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn
Size 8 straight needles (aluminum)
Method of knitting: English style
Finished size of dishcloth: 9 1/4" wide by 10 1/2" long
Name I chose for this pattern: Sailboats

It was a quick, fun knit. It has been a long time since I knitted a dishcloth, and I'm looking forward to using this one!

(Sorry for the wonky picture. The dishcloth is actually straight on the sides. It's late and I'm too tired to keep taking pictures!! LOL)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy ~ your dishcloth looks great, and I love the colored yarn. I'm glad you took part in the contest. I just posted my 2nd dishcloth - frantically finished before midnight but the photo was sooo slow uploading that it actually posted late. Oh well. I sure had fun doing it!

theups said...

VERY pretty, Tammy!!

I have GOT to sit down and teach myself to hold knitting needles!! Argh! I just cannot figure out how to hold both of those needles (as opposed to one needle while crocheting). I think knitting is so pretty.

His,
Mrs. U

Heather K said...

I've enjoyed making these too...but it's been a long while since I've done one. I linked to you in my post today. Hope you don't mind.
=)