I found this great carnival taking place, and couldn't resist. The idea is to list five Christmas gifts that are not the run-of-the-mill, socks-for-dad type gift.
Now, the thing is, my family reads my blog, and if I put down what I'm actually buying, then they won't be surprised on Christmas morning. So these are just some really great ideas! *Grin*
1) My blogging friend Heather has an Etsy shop with zipper bags that are perfect for a number of things, including makeup and small knitting projects. They are gorgeous, and even though I sew, I am highly tempted to purchase one for myself. The best thing is that 100% of the proceeds from her sale are going into their adoption fund. Take a look at her shop here.
2) One of my new favorite CD's is called Higher Ground. If you know someone who enjoys Irish music, this CD is all Christian music, with Irish styling. It is very peaceful and enjoyable to listen to. Click here for ordering information, as well as to hear sound clips from some of the songs.
3) Sometimes it is nice to give your recipients the gift of your time. I found this free gift certificate maker that has quite a few ideas. It is easy to create and print gift certificates from this site. Or, you can get extra-creative and make them yourself! The only thing about giving something like this is that you have to be willing to redeem it. LOL
4) I know all the etiquette experts scorn gift certificates, but really, what's not to love about getting a gift certificate? I will never turn down a gift! *Smiles* If you do choose to give gift certifcates, you can still be creative in the presentation. Perhaps you can create a day's get-away for someone...a gift certificate to a coffee shop; a bookstore, mall, or department store; and a local restaurant. See? Your recipient will get to go have coffee in the morning, have fun shopping till lunch, and then a lunch out. Maybe she's a busy mom? You could throw in babysitting to boot. Now that's a gift that will make her smile!
5) Lastly, please check out my Etsy shop for some gift ideas. I have several hand-tatted heart bookmarks in my store that would be lovely to include with either a book or a gift card to a bookstore. Its delicate, lacy design makes marking any book a pleasure!
Those were my ideas--for more great ideas, head on over to the carnival and check out what others are recommending!