Saturday, December 04, 2010

~Thanksgiving~

I was looking back through my blog post drafts and realized I have one titled "Happy Thanksgiving", meant to be posted on Thanksgiving Day. Oops.

Did you all have a nice Thanksgiving? I know I did! *Smiles* As I mentioned briefly in my previous post, we had our brother here during his school break. It's always nice to spend time with family, and this time was no different!

We didn't do anything extravagant. We just had a nice time together. When Kevin and I got married, my brother was still very much the bratty-yet-lovable brother that he aspired to be. LOL But somewhere along the line he became the best brother a girl could ever want! Seriously, this guy is awesome. I'm so blessed to have him for my brother. He's kind and compassionate, thoughtful and caring.

So we...ate a lot, watched movies, football (not me! just the guys), ate some more (LOL) and hung out.

Oh, and my turkey turned out wonderful. Several mentioned olive oil and salt and that's what I did. It was perfect! Turkeys were such a good price, that I ended up with two extra in the freezer, besides our Thanksgiving bird. So I'll be roasting turkey again in the near future, and I'll try out some of the other ideas. Maybe brine? We'll see!

I have much to be thankful for, and I appreciate the reminder to give thanks that Thanksgiving Day brings. It helps me to be more thankful.

Now it is just 21 days--three weeks!--till Christmas. What? Really? Wait! Didn't we just hang up the calendar for 2010? Where has this year flown??? We're having Kevin's family here for Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: