Wednesday, May 13, 2015

52 Projects (Project 12)

I have wanted to make crocheted river rocks for a long time now. They just look so pretty and add a touch of whimsy to a tabletop scene.



The area beside our garage and our neighbor's yard is filled with rocks, so finding a rock (or three) was plenty easy.

I looked and looked at patterns and then I decided to just start crocheting. Something you might not know about me: when I was a teenager, I sat and crocheted and designed doily patterns and sent them off to Leisure Arts. I got nice rejection letters from them, but nothing ever came of my doily designing days. So anyhow, my crocheting knowledge came to play in making these little rocks. I did use a pattern for the springboard of one rock but didn't follow it completely.



I know my daughter and knew that these little sweater vests must not be removable. So I completely closed them in. That way they wouldn't turn into bear ear muffs or Barbie hats. Or flushed down the toilet. Whatever. Stuff like that happens around our house and I didn't want to have to monitor crocheted rocks. Because, really. It's kind of ridiculous enough that I even made these in the first place.



But I love them. I am stopping myself from crocheting All The Rocks. Three is enough. For now.


Cost: $0
Running Cost: $29.23 


1 comment:

Archeage Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.