Tuesday, July 01, 2008

~Fresh Strawberry Pie~

I found this recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, but made a few changes. Enjoy!
:-)

I made this for a dessert fellowship our church had last Sunday evening. It was SO GOOD. Yummy. I would have liked a whole pie to myself! As it is, I only got a sliver!

Baked Pie Crust
1 1/2 quarts strawberries
1 cup sugar
3 TBS cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar


1. Prepare baked pie crust. (Use your favorite pie crust recipe.)

2. Mash enough strawberries to measure 1 cup. Mix sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in water and mashed strawberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute; cool.

3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread in pie shell. (Note: I added 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/3 cup sugar to the cream cheese, and beat until smooth. It was divine! If you beat in the sour cream and sugar, you'll have a little too much filling.) Fill shell with remaining strawberries (the recipe doesn't say to slice them, but I sliced mine and sprinkled a little sugar over them). Pour cooked strawberry mixture over top. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until set. Refrigerate any remaining pie.

Substitutions: Use 5 cups peaches; or use 6 cups raspberries.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum. That sounds SO good!

Tori Leslie said...

Yumm, that sounds so delish! Thanks for the recipe!

The dB family said...

Thanks Tammy! I will have to make this tomorrow! I have some strawberries in the fridge that were just waiting to be made into a pie.

Mrs. U said...

OH YUM!! Here it is, amost 10:00 at night and I am SO hungry from reading about your yummy strawberries!!! I will definitely be making this (and I will be using your changes, too)!!

His,
Mrs. U

Annecourager said...

My favorite! Fresh strawberry pie in a shortbread crust.

I've already made one this year but strawberry season's running late... maybe it's time for another before they disappear?