Friday, January 20, 2012

~Empty Needles~

I am very happy to have these:


Empty needles!

From what? you may ask. My Twilight Lace Wrap (Ravelry link).


Technically speaking this project is not finished yet because I still need to weave in the tails and block it. But the knitting is finished!

I do not have blocking wires for lace so I am going to do what another knitter on Ravelry talked about and use the plastic wire from a weed wacker. The only problem is that it is dead winter so I might not be able to find it in the store. We'll see!

So, so, so excited to finally have this done! I started it in May, 2008!

I'm linking up to Susan's UFO Progress Report, if you'd like to see more click here.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Tammy, great job on finishing up (almost) a UFO already this month!! Yes, having empty knitting needles is a good thing.

Diane E W said...

I don't know anything about knitting, but this is beautiful.

Charity said...

Very pretty!! I can't wait to see it blocked!

Ruth said...

Tammy, this is gorgeous! I love it.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The lace wrap is beautiful.

randi--i have to say said...

what a pretty pretty shawl. i love the delicate-ness of it!