Friday, January 13, 2012

~Organizing~

Well, I haven't really made any resolutions this year, but a few friends and I are going through this calendar and keeping each other accountable. At first, I thought it was an awesome idea, and then I printed out the calendar and started looking through it.

It isn't my style.

But then I started considering what, exactly, constitutes "my style" of organizing. Hmmm. Rip a whole room apart from top to bottom. Put it back together over a week. And then be so exhausted that I don't do any organizing for quite a while.

So I decided to give it a go.

The first week went great. This week, ah, this week! I started in with great gusto on my bedroom. The first two tasks for this week are to clean out your nightstand drawer and clean under your bed.

Before I knew it, every stitch of bedding was off the bed, anything washable was thrown out of the room and...you guessed it...I was exhausted! But my room is CLEAN now!

I'm trying to slow myself down and do my organizing little by little so that I'll get more done in the long run. Before Christmas, I sold some things on Craigslist and took a carload of things to a local thrift store. I have a bin in my basement for donations, and it's almost full already! Finding things to get rid of is an adrenaline rush for me, so I'm pretty happy to have a bin full already! :D

2 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Love that perge is word verification! I would love to be able to have a half or a third of what I have. Don't know how to sell and refuse to have rumage sale by my self. That I am too too old for. I am told don't give it away because it is valuable. But things are just things and if I don't need them anymore why can't they go. Don't need to stay here for ppl to go thru after I am gone.

Tammy said...

That's great about the word verification! :)

It's hard to get rid of things when people are telling you not to! I don't blame you on not wanting to have a yard sale. I do not like having yard sales, and if I can't sell an item, I do donate it. I try to donate to a thrift store that does something good with the money they earn so in a way it is like a donation towards that cause, where I might not have money to actually give to them.