Thursday, February 16, 2012

~Happy Hearts~

I don't usually decorate for Valentine's Day but this year I threw a few heart things around the living room and called it good. ;-)



I made the paper heart chain, using an idea I saw on Pinterest.

I also put up the felt heart garland I made two years ago.

Valentine's Day has never been a hugely celebrated holiday for us. Last year Kevin was really sick so we did nothing. This year, what we did felt huge in comparison to last year. LOL Kevin grilled steaks and I made mashed potatoes and green beans almondine. We had a few little gifts to exchange with one another and we watched AFV together as a family. Just a quiet, fun evening together!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love your stained-glass window and the vinyl words above it! So pretty!

We're not huge Valentine's celebrators either. This year I wanted to do something a little different, so I bought some kid valentines and for the first 13 days of the month, left one somewhere for Wes to find. On each one, I gave one reason I love him, and I taped on a Reese's heart. He loved it! On Valentine's Day, he gave me a Hoops & Yoyo card that was so funny, and then that night a serious one that was sweet. So it was a fun couple of weeks for us, and I think I'll do it again next year!

Amy said...

This turned out so cute! I love it!