Saturday, July 13, 2013

~Finally (!!!) Finished~

This spring I came up with the idea to refinish our sad looking park bench which we have on our front porch.


The finish was peeling off the wood, and the metal was rusted. After a search online for the best way to paint the bench, I was off to Home Depot.

And...two months later (!) this is the finished product:


Oh my goodness! I don't even want to go in to all the details, but let's just say that since this was my first spray paint/refinish project that there were a lot of things learned along the way! And now that it's done, I can sigh a big sigh of relief!

8 comments:

Anna said...

Beautiful work! Now I'm inspired to get to our front bench.

Tammy said...

Thank you, Anna. It's a lot more work than I anticipated. :)

Charity said...

It looks great!! I'm guessing you had to strip the finish on the wood? Stripping wood is no fun!! I have a table I started on... never DID get all the layers off. I guess it will just continue to look shabby chic! :)

Tammy said...

Thanks you, Charity. Kevin actually sanded the boards for me, the finish came off quite easily with sanding (although time-consuming, since there were so many boards). The stain I used was for decks and it took a very long time to dry (much longer than the time stated on the can of stain). I stained the wood once and had to sand it off (it was applied too thick), and then stained it again and let it dry forever. :) We had a lot of rain which affected my project as well.

The Queen of Brussels Sprouts said...

Strong work!

Deb said...

Great job! Wow, looks so much better! I have some spray painting to do that I've been putting off! Maybe I should get with it!

Sarah said...

Looks great!!

Ruth said...

What a difference! You did good. :)