Sunday, March 09, 2014

~Ice Cream Dress~

About two years ago I won a gift certificate to an online sewing supply store. It honestly wasn't a good advertisement for the store, because it was hard to navigate, and everything I wanted was out of stock! I finally settled on two patterns which at the time were not in my daughter's current size. One of them was Oliver + S's Ice Cream Dress pattern, in sizes 5-12.

I have always loved the Ice Cream Dress. It's simplicity in styling, yet attention to detail, is the type of clothing I like my daughter to wear. I decided to break out my pattern and make it for my daughter's upcoming birthday.

I bought this fabric at Joann's, with a coupon of course. :-) I love this fabric combination! It's bright and cheery and will be the perfect spring and summer dress!

I love this dress. Love it! It fits so well, and I would like to make another dress and a top for this summer, at least. I think it is such a darling silhouette on a young girl. It harks back to a time when little girls dressed like little girls and not miniature adults.


The Queen of Brussels Sprouts said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress! I'm sure it looks adorable on your daughter.

Ashley W said...

I love it! Such pretty fabric and a great style!

angela said...

i love it too!!! oh how i wish my ladybug, who's now recently 12, were back to that size! she just had a major growth spurt and is almost in MY clothes!

just adorable!

Charity said...

That's adorable!!! I may have to remember that ... looks like something I might could even make! :) And I agree... I love when little girls wear little girl clothes and don't dress like miniature adults.