Saturday, March 15, 2014

~Winnie Shrug~

When Anneliese of Aesthetic Nest recently asked me to test sew her pattern, Winnie Shrug, I was happy to oblige! For my version, I used fleece and a big pink button. It was a quick, fun sew, and my daughter really likes wearing it!

At first I thought that I would just be able to trim the seam allowances and leave it unhemmed, but when I tried it on my daughter, I realized that it would gain a lot by finishing with a hem - it added structure to the garment so it stood up on it's own, as well as adding a more finished look. I'm glad I hemmed it!

Here are my pictures:

I also made the little blue skirt, following a not-quite vintage pattern in my pattern stash.


The Queen of Brussels Sprouts said...

So incredibly cute! You have given me an idea for my oldest daughter's bday soon!

The Queen of Brussels Sprouts said...

I sent you a PM on HP

Elaine said...

The corduroy skirt is so adorable! I love it.