Saturday, August 21, 2010

~Granny's Clothespin Apron~



I've been hanging my laundry outside, and I really needed an apron or something to hold my clothespins. Today I made "Granny's Clothespin Apron" from the book One-Yard Wonders. I made some changes to the pattern, and didn't follow the instructions completely. The largest change I made was to make the apron three inches wider and two inches longer.



I made it from fabric I've had for quite a while. I think it was purchased mid-90's (by my mom), and the original intent for this fabric was to make matching dresses or jumpers for my younger sisters. I bet they're glad that didn't happen. ;-) However, I thought the fabric was perfect for this project!



Note: If you plan to do any sewing from One-Yard Wonders, make sure to check the errata, found here. Truly, I'm dumbfounded at the amount of mistakes in the book. And I find it slightly humorous that there is at least one mistake on the corrections page. I do plan on sewing more projects from this book, but I am disappointed in the amount of mistakes, the lack of diagrams to illustrate the instructions, and confusing instructions.

1 comment:

Jennwith4 said...

cute apron and lol at the reference to the happiness of your sisters at the lack of matching outfits. =) thanks for the small review of the book. I was wanting to get it but will spend my $$ elsewhere like more fabric! lol