August already? Where is this summer going?
I just really can't believe it is August already. Summer has just slipped by so fast this year! Each year that I've lived in Michigan (six years now), the winters seem longer than the year before, and the summers seem shorter.
Several miscellaneous things:
1) I spelled miscellaneous correctly without having to look it up! LOL (For boasting on this I'll probably make many other spelling/grammar mistakes in this post. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson on this.) It's easier to type "misc." ;-)
2) I was super-duper bored one night, and lucky me landed on Craft Apple's blog where Linda was giving away some books. Linda is sending me the Japanese patchwork book. I'm looking forward to getting it!
3) I still haven't decided if I'm going to cut the dress (previous post) down to a top length or leave it as a dress. Everyone who commented said to leave it as a dress, however Kevin said I should cut it down to a top. Husbands are always right, right? :-) I need to make up my mind soon though so my daughter has a chance to wear it before the snow starts flying. ;-)
4) A while ago, I decided to start saving the Amazon gift cards I purchase with my Swagbucks for a large purchase. This KitchenAid mixer, to be exact. I am 36% of the way there. Not that I'm keeping track or anything.
5) I have been making my daughter a smoothie every day before she goes down for her afternoon nap. I just throw in a half banana, a few spoons of yogurt, whatever fruit I have on hand, and just recently...spinach. I read this post and watched the accompanying video, and promptly started adding greens to her smoothies. She likes them. I taste them and they don't taste spinachy to me! I should probably make enough for me too!
6) Have a great day! Enjoy the rest of your summer! :-)