Saturday, January 29, 2011

~So Close!~

For almost a year now, I have been saving my pennies for a new sewing machine. The Husqvarna Viking Emerald, to be exact. I don't even know how to say "Husqvarna" but that's ok. :-P

I was saving for the 203 model, which has a few more features than the 183 model. However, I went in to a machine dealer yesterday to get another look at machines and make sure they were still the same price as last year. The owner told me that Viking had discontinued the 203 model, but he might be able to get it for me. Well, come to find out, the features that I am most interested in on the 203 (walking foot and extension platform) are only an additional $70. The other features that the 203 has are not worth the extra $200 that the machine costs.

So guess what? I have an additional $50-75 to save and then I can waltz into the store and get my new machine. I may not literally waltz while in the store but you can bet I will be waltzing at home when I get my new machine!!!

6 comments:

Open Roads Mama said...

very exciting! can't wait to see all the projects that will be created with that new machine! Fun fun!:)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Will be waiting to see all the new projects. My sister down in Texas loved your pink headband with flower. Does your Etsy happened to have one I can buy for her?

Kim said...

I have an old Husqvarna viking machine.

It is pronounced HUSK a Varn a.

Enjoy your new machine when you get itr :)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Tammy, please let me have your address so I can buy headband and then you can ship to my sis with care instructions. I will mail check as soon as I have your address. Thanks so much, Joyce
Hope for an e-mail from you soon.

Mrs. Bob said...

i always thought it was
husk-varn-a
they make the best chainsaws. :)

Tammy said...

Kim, thanks for the pronunciation.

Joyce, I've sent you and email.

Mrs. Bob, your comment made me laugh. :-)