Saturday, June 25, 2011

~Itty Bitty Baby Dress~

I am going from 0 to 4 nieces and/or nephews in a period of 4 months! That means lots of sewing! :-)

First up is a baby girl due in July. It was really fun to put this little outfit together.

First, the Itty Bitty Baby Dress by Made by Rae. I used a good quality quilting cotton from JoAnn's. I made it in the 0-3 month size, to ensure that it will fit. The newborn size was tempting, but I thought the slightly larger size would be better.


It was the first time I've done piping, which was a lot of fun. I see more piping in my future! :)


It is super hard to find solids to match prints! Have you had that problem? I had to go to another fabric store to find a matching solid. It was a lightweight batiste, which works well for bloomers:


For the pattern above I used Rae's Newborn Baby Pants pattern. I cut the leg about 1 1/2 inches below the crotch, and added elastic.

And then, a headband, of course.


All together:


I've been dying to post about this, but had to wait till after my sister's shower, since she occasionally reads my blog! Now that she's had her shower, I can share!

Next in line is my husband's half sister. She's due in August and isn't finding out what she's having till she has the baby. I haven't made anything for her yet, I'll probably wait to find out what she has before I make anything!

4 comments:

Jennwith4 said...

That is so cute!!

Charity said...

Preciousness!! :)

Sarah said...

Love the matching hair bow! That is the beautiful thing about making your own clothes...the details are stunning. :) Great job!

Melissa Joy said...

ADORABLE!!!
Yes, it needs to be all caps. :)