Sunday, August 07, 2011

~Baby Gift~

Kevin's half-sister had her baby {a boy!}, and this is the gift we are giving:


Sophie the Giraffe and two hand-made burp cloths. We picked Sophie, because it is a nice, all-natural teether. We got one when our daughter was little and she still plays with her (though she never really used her as a teether).



Both burp cloths are the same. One side has cozy flannel, and the other side is a soft knit. This project is my foray into knits. :D {Note: 100% cotton shrinks a lot, so buy extra yardage!} I whipped these up this afternoon. It was a fun little project!



So now I have a niece and a nephew! One of my sisters is due with a boy and the other one isn't finding out until birth. I've started some projects for the little boy, and will wait to sew my gifts for my other sister until I find out if it's a "he" or a "she".

5 comments:

Charity said...

What a fun little gift set!! Love it!

GinnaG's Paper Fun said...

Love the burp cloths.
Could you maybe write a post about the rough measurements of the length, how wide at the thin and widest parts. I have been thinking about making a bunch of these for the granddaughter that will be here in early Nov.
THXS

Tammy said...

GinnaG, I thought about sharing the dimensions or a pattern, I'll write up a post with those soon!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! $18 for a teether? Is that right? I guess that one will turn into a keepsake for sure.

Tammy said...

Thank you, Melissa and Charity.

Yes, it is a little on the expensive side (we did get free shipping! ;-) ). BUT it is all-natural, made from ingredients that you don't have to worry about baby chewing on! And it's a special gift...