Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Time in the Kitchen

This last week I have come across some very delicious recipes. My time spent in the kitchen has been quite rewarding. There's nothing worse than spending a lot of time cooking, and coming up with Very Bad Food!

Easter's dinner menu consisted of:
Dripped Roast
Hot Potato Salad
Green Salad
Corn
Dinner Rolls

and Peach Cobbler for dessert

Everything turned out so good! I got the recipe for the roast out of my Fix It and Forget It cookbook. If you like cooking in a crockpot, I highly recommend this cookbook! The potato "salad" recipe came from my dad's mom. She usually makes it every Easter and Christmas, and it's one of my favorites! This was the third time I've made it, and it turned out the best this time. And then, the dinner roll recipe was given to me by a friend at church. They were the easiest, nicest rolls I've ever made!

On Monday, I tried out Susan's Garlic Chicken recipe. I told her it was "Scrumpdillyicious". (Is that a word? *Grin*) I only used four chicken breasts, leaving us two for dinner, and two for Tuesday's lunch. On Monday night, the chicken was slightly spicy, but WOW on Tuesday it really was spicy! It was still very good as leftovers though--just had to keep the water handy!

Now, if I had the recipes handy for the roast, potatoes, and rolls, I'd post them. But I do not have them handy...so I shall post them later! =)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow..Sounds like you had some yummy food on Easter..