Monday, October 23, 2006

~Recipe Swap: Simmering Soups~

Here for your cooking pleasure are the recipes submitted for the Recipe Swap. Not only are there many warm, comforting soups, but a lot of healthy recipes popped up this time (unlike the cookie exchange! LOL).

Anita, the "wonder cook" shares a recipe for Beef and Veggie Soup.

Jenn posted not one, but four recipes here. One is very intriguing to me: Warming Immune Soup. It sounds like it would be great to ward off winter bugs! The other three, Greek Avgolemono Soup, Chicken and Salsa Soup, and Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana sound oh, so delicious!

Brocoli soup is always good, and Mrs. B listed the ingredients and instructions on making it. Mmmm...

Susan cooks up a hearty batch of Potato Minestrone Soup, made in a crock pot. I just love cooking soup in a crock pot!

Another crock pot recipe! "Not that Martha" posted a recipe for Crockpot Potato Soup. Potato soup is one of my favorites!

A soup that sounds a little different...Pumpkin Black Bean Soup served up by Mrs. U. I can imagine that this has a very "full" flavor! I'm going to give this one a try!

Not only did Jodi post a recip for soup (New England Clam Chowder), she included a recipe and detailed instructions for cheese biscuits. Mrs. B gives them rave reviews here.

Lora has a recipe for White Bean With Smoked Turkey soup...sounds great!

Finally, Deb dishes out a pot of Black Bean Chowder. Sounds delicious!

Edited to add: Trixie posted a recipe for Brocoli-Cheese Soup. My mouth is watering just looking at the recipe!

*Sheepish grin*...not only did your hostess forget about hostessing...she never got around to posting her own recipe! Therefore, I'll point you to a recipe I posted a ways back, for Mike's Grandma's Chili. Nope, no relation to Mike or his grandma, but his grandma sure cooks up a good pot of chili! ;-)

All these recipes just sound so, so delicious! There is just nothing like a steamy bowl of soup on a frosty day! Have fun trying some new recipes!

*If I've missed anyone's recipes, please let me know, and I'll link to them for you!*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMM these all look good! I will have to try a few!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Thanks for putting this together! Didn't we just post these yesterday? Time goes by so quickly, I hadn't noticed you hadn't posted yet!

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO!! Thank you very much for hosting this!! I LOVE yummy new soups!!

His,
Mrs. U