Monday, December 29, 2008

~Baby Knitting~

Several months ago, I knitted a Lacy Baby Bonnet (link directs to free pattern). It was a fun knit that took me only an afternoon to complete. This is the newborn size. I would like to make it again with thicker yarn, for a bigger size.



This afternoon I finished a small Petal Bib, found in the book One Skein. This took only a few hours as well. I started it last night, and would have gotten it finished much, much sooner, but I think I spent as much time unknitting as I did knitting! I've done short rows before, but for some reason I had trouble getting the hang of this pattern. However, now that I've got it done, I think it would be fun to make another one or two. This bib turned out smaller than the pattern because I used a lighter weight yarn than the pattern called for. But that's ok. =) I learned several new techniques on this project, which is where the unknitting came into play!



As always, more details on Ravelry.

Sorry for the picture quality - it is a yucky day for pictures!

5 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Tammy!!! I'm trying to learn to knit!!! Any good online resources you recommend? :) Your pics just inspired me to practice. (((hugs)))

Tammy said...

Monika, knittinghelp.com is a wonderful online resource! There are many different videos for you to follow along with and learn new techniques.

Anonymous said...

these 2 are great!!! with a baby on a way too, I've been getting into some knitting for the kids, even though my skills are pretty basic and I'm not sure I could even get a bonnet like this done...

Tori Leslie said...

Those are precious, that's gonna be one pampered babe.
Happy 2009 to you and yours.
Praying that this is the year that we see Jesus face to face!

Ruth said...

I liked your knit baby hat so much that I promptly downloaded the pattern and made one for my grand baby. Thank you for the link!