Saturday, December 27, 2008

~Stuff~

I have a friend who sells Uppercase Living, and with part of my birthday money, I bought two expressions. Kevin put one of them up for me today, and I love the way it looks!



This wall is in our living room. I've never known quite what to do to decorate this wall. Do I pretend the stain glass window doesn't exist, and put decorations on either side of it? (Before we redid the living room that is what I did, and I wasn't happy with the look.) Or do I accept the window as a piece of artwork and put low-key decorations around it? Well, I chose the latter this go-around. I am quite happy with the look! I also used birthday money to buy the candle sconces.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Last weekend and the early part of this week we got dumped with snow! I'm not sure what the total amount was, but it was between 2-3 feet. Kevin's truck is parked in our back yard, off the side of our driveway, and the snow blower attacked it:



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Today it has been raining and it is quite warm. Balmy, in fact. I went to the library and people were out and about with no jackets, and in their shorts. Oh, "balmy" is relative - in our case the high for today was 55*. LOL The snow is coming back tomorrow though!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


I really wasn't thinking when I posted last - because, yes, we did have a very cozy, quiet Christmas Eve and morning, but then we were invited for dinner to a friend's house Christmas afternoon. We enjoyed a nice dinner, and then played games afterwards (and there was nothing quiet about that! LOL). One of the games we played was a complicated card game called Rage. I do not enjoy learning new games, especially complicated games, but I persevered and guess who won? Yes, I won! I was quite surprised. =)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Hoping the rest of your year is wonderful!!! Can you believe 2008 is almost over?

5 comments:

Mo said...

I DO like your wall decorations. It's nice and says lots.

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I LOVE the wall decorations! My sis works at Kohl's and they have those expressions. She keeps trying to get me to get a couple. Now I might. Yours is just lovely!!!

Joyce's Ramblings said...

The wall looks great. Rage is a game for friends to play. Glad you perservered!

Tori Leslie said...

Oh my kids would kill for your snow, we're having the driest winter ever here in Croatia.

Love Love Love your wall text, so nice and that window is lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your window looks BEAUTIFUL! You've done a very nice job with it--just right!