Wednesday, September 22, 2010

~Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas~


I saw this idea on a blog post somewhere last week. The recipe wasn't included with the post, and I didn't bookmark the post either. But I really wanted to make them, so this is what I came up with!

You'll need:
muffin tin
pizza dough (one pizza's worth)
pizza sauce
your choice of toppings
cheese

I made my pizza dough, then rolled it out in a rectangle and cut it in 12 equal pieces.

Grease muffin tin, and put each square of dough in the muffin tin, working it in so it makes a well and covers the sides:


Put a spoonful of pizza sauce in each pizza, then use a pastry brush to spread it around:


Put your favorite toppings in the pizza. I chose olives and turkey sausage.




Top with cheese:


Bake at 450* for 10 minutes.
ENJOY!

These would be fun in a lunch box, as appetizers, at a potluck, or really anytime! Pizza is always good!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Super fun! I want to make these!

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Yum. Great idea.

Sarah said...

Oh my word Tammy, those look so good!!! I am seeing these in my future... :)

Sarah from PAI

Open Roads Mama said...

wow, I love this! must make them soon, they look delicious!

Niki said...

I see mini deep dish pizzas in our future this week :) Thanks for sharing.

Brad and Rachel said...

I will absolutely be making these, pepperoni, sausage and mushrooms!! Yummy! Thanks for the recipe

Melissa Joy said...

I haven't done them yet, but I still plan on it. :) We'll put mushrooms, olives, and turkey pepperoni in ours I think. My hubby thinks I should make them in mini muffin tins for bite-sized ones!

Melissa Joy said...

I made these today, Tammy! They turned out perfectly! So much fun. Can't wait to serve them to the dozen teens we're having over on Friday for a game night. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Tammy said...

Melissa, so glad they turned out for you! Yay! Thanks for letting me know!

Lucia said...

Any tips for freezing and reheating? Thanks.

Tammy said...

Lucia, I've never frozen them, so I'm not sure. I would start by letting them cool completely, then wrapping them individually in saran wrap, storing in a freezer ziploc. For reheating, reheat like you would pizza.