Friday, September 10, 2010

~My $1 Shirt~

So I thought I'd get all cutesie and take a self-portrait.

Apparently I need to take lessons from my 15-year old sister. Ahem.

I took stock of my clothing situation for this coming fall and winter, and came to the conclusion rather quickly that I have nothing to wear! Well, that's not entirely true, but it's pretty close! I have a few skirts and a few sweaters and tops for every day use. For church I have a few outfits harking from 2002. So...how did I get in this situation?

Two years ago, I went through my clothes and realized that 1) I needed to lose weight, and 2) I didn't want to lose weight to get into the clothes I had. So I brilliantly donated almost everything to a thrift shop.

Two years later, and 20 pounds lighter (yay!) I now have nothing to wear!

So I decided to hit a local thrift shop and see what I could find. I don't have anything against shopping thrift stores, but I just don't like to do it. It feels like I'm digging through dirty laundry looking for one good thing.

Well, I found a few nice things, and all the clothes were on sale for $1 each! The shirt I'm wearing in the above picture has 3/4 length sleeves and a nice embroidery edge along the bottom. It's also made by J.Jill, which I think of as a nice brand.

I definitely do not have my entire winter wardrobe yet, I still need to work on that! But I'm happy with the few pieces that I got!

Do you like to shop at thrift stores? Any tips for me???

3 comments:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

I don't mind shopping there, and love what one can find. But, there are definitly times when digging through racks of clothes to find that one good thing for me doesn't seem worth it. I am totally with you there.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.blogspot.com

Charity said...

I do enjoy thrift store shopping. Some stores are better than others, it really depends on location and who donates. :) I've even found new things there - still have the store tags. My sister and I usually race to the jean skirts. :)

c.jay said...

you're self-portrait looks amazing :) lol