Saturday, April 23, 2011

~Finished Dress~

The dress is finished! I got everything done by 5 pm today. I love the way it turned out!

The finished dress:


The buttons:


The button extension on the inside:


Ruffled sleeve:


Matching barrette I made:


Bloomers:


Everything all together:


I estimate that I spent about 15-20 hours on this dress, probably more. The outer dress is made of Mrs. Aster Greenfield Hill voile, in the cranberry colorway, which I purchased from Sew, Mama, Sew! I used cotton broadcloth for the lining, which I purchased from a local sewing shop. I've never used either fabric before, but I'm in love with both of them now! The voile is so silky, it's amazing it's 100% cotton! And the broadcloth was perfect for lining this dress, it was the perfect weight and just the right amount of crispness without being too stiff.

10 comments:

Deb said...

Tammy ~ the dress is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the buttons and ruffled sleeves and the matching barrette, too. Yay for finishing!

Susan said...

It's beautiful, Tammy!!! I love the sleeves - perfect solution for the lace problem. The buttons are just right too. She'll be a sweet little girl in that dress! :)

Ulla said...

So beautiful dress! I have thought about you. I read your blog with google reader, so I forget to comment.
Happe Easter to you and your family!

Charity said...

What a beautiful dress!! I know she will treasure it in the coming years - especially with the story behind the pattern. :) I did a little (tiny) bit of Easter sewing myself today (embellishments). But I don't want to give it away because I'll be posting it next Friday. :)

Tammy said...

Thank you! :-)

Ulla, it's nice to see your comment! Thanks for stopping by!

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Beautiful dress with beautiful history. You continue to amaze me. L is lucky to have you.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful little dress! I'm sure that your sweet "lil miss" will someday realize how much love her mama stitched into this. :)

Mrs. U said...

Oh my!! That is beautiful, Tammy!!! I'll bet your little sweetie was PRECIOUS in this!!!!

His,
Mrs. U

sertyan said...

What a beautiful dress. I really love the sleeves!

Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog. Cheers!

Megbud said...

Stunning dress! What a beautiful job you did on it.