Monday, May 13, 2013

~Grape Jelly~

The last time my daughter went grocery shopping with me, she pointed to some grape jelly and asked what it was. I realized she's never had grape jelly! So I found some that was sugar free, and bought it for her. She loves it! She's eaten most of the jar in less than two weeks, so I figured I should make some of my own.

If you're looking for a quick canning project, here you go! I used Welch's 100% grape juice, a box of no-sugar pectin, and that's it! Of course, it isn't as sweet as regular jelly, but for our house it's perfect! I let my daughter help as much as possible, so she is quite proud of our jelly! Since I knew she would want to sample the jelly sooner rather than later, I left one of the jars unsealed and stored it in the fridge.


While I would love to source fresh Concord grapes and cook and strain the juice myself, I have to admit this is much easier! Now I can start my 2013 canning record. :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun!