Thursday, January 09, 2014

~Home-making~

This last week or so I've been settled at home, working around the house. Trying to make my house more homey by keeping up better with things like: dishes, laundry, sweeping. That kind of thing.

Yesterday I tackled some of the ironing. I've been behind since before Christmas, so all my napkins had cycled through the wash and ended up in the laundry basket. They're all ironed and in the drawer now, the Christmas napkins tucked away to wait for next Christmas.


Oh, the weather we've had. I say, "Baby, it's cold outside" and my daughter argues that the song is "Maybe it's cold outside." Maybe, nothing. It's cold out there! Kevin took our car to work Monday through Wednesday so that he could drive safer. The roads are still not lovely, but they are improving.

Today was the first day this week that I had the chance to run errands. So run them, I did. Now it's time to get back to my homemaking. And another cup of tea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for hot cups of tea! I just had one!

Becky Dempsey said...

One time, Dan & I were going to the store with our youngest in tow and Dan started singing the beginning of "Baby, it's cold outside." A. looked up at him and told Dan he wasn't a baby. Dan said, "Mommy's my baby", to which he got the answer, "Mommy is too big to be a baby".

Tammy said...

Kendra, I've had so much tea lately - I need something to keep me warm!

Becky, that is hilarious!