Saturday, January 11, 2014

~WIP~

My shawl is progressing very nicely. I got up to the lace and decided not to go with the purple I had purchased. I got a lime green. My sister told me I should, and that was what I wanted in the first place, so I did.


It's a different yarn than the main part of the shawl - it has mohair in it, as well as SEQUINS! Tiny little sequins that add a little sparkle. This is fun! I really can't wait to finish it. The lace part is taking so long, because: the needles. I hate these needles! And also, I am working the pattern purposefully so I won't make mistakes - I really don't want to do any ripping back.

I don't have anything to wear with this shawl, so I kind of need to work on that while I finish knitting - don't you know I'll want to wear this right away! I'm thinking the shawl is busy enough, the outfit should be pretty neutral. I'm not sure what though. Maybe my sister can email me with wardrobe choices too. ;-)

As obsessed as I am with shawls right now, I'm actually thinking of making a sweater next. This sweater, to be exact. I have the yarn so all I'll have to do is buy a decent set of needles! I will not work another project on my current needles!

In other news, we went from 1 degree weather to above freezing. Instead of snow and ice it is raining cats and dogs. When we first moved to Michigan, we were told, "If you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes." Pretty much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors!

Ashley W said...

Looks beautiful, and I love that sweater!