Thursday, January 02, 2014

~New Project~


So. I'm slightly obsessed with shawls these days. I've been pouring over designs, choosing which ones I'll be knitting next. While I had Pendulum still on the needles, I saw Zaria, and fell head over heels in love with it. It's not your average granny shawl, that's for certain!

I bought a dark purple for the lace insert, but I'm not all that sure about the color choice. I think a lime green would look nice with this yarn, but the store didn't have any so I chose the purple for now.

I need to get some decent circulars. I've been hesitant to spend more money on needles, but I do think it is necessary. Tools of the trade, and all.

Next up for consideration? Citron, Wingspan (Ravelry link), Betsey (Ravelry link), and Color Affection (sorry...another Ravelry link). And more being added all the time....

I haven't really set any resolutions for the New Year but one of my strong desires is to spend more time on the things that bring me enjoyment. I feel like I've pushed a lot of my creative endeavors to the side, or maybe not challenged myself enough. Knitting is one of those things that I feel like I have let languish over the last few years, only pulling my needles out every once in a while. It feels good to be knitting again!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Loved all the links and the one you are working on right now.
Not a knitter, but adore the hand knits!

Tammy said...

Thank you so much, Dawn!

Anonymous said...

Create awY! And I volunteer to find a good home for ant unwanted ones!

Tammy said...

:-)