Tuesday, September 26, 2006

~Mending~

Ah, the delightful task of mending! Don't you just love to mend?

What? You don't? Me neither! Mending is one of those jobs that I procrastinate on. My husband, in need of a few of the things residing in my sewing room, asked me once again last night if I could fix them.

The thing about most mending jobs is that they really don't take that long to do. Sew on a button, repair a seam...those are things that take, oh, 2 minutes to accomplish.

So why do I procrastinate? I really don't know! My grandma, who is a professional seamstress, always used to say (about things that needed mending), "I wish I knew someone who could sew." I guess I inherited the procrasination gene! *smile*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy---I link to you :)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Thats why they(whoever they are) say do the jobs you don't like first. I am with you on mending though I can put it off until it ends up being thrown out. I know shame on me!

Arlene said...

LOL, I am the exact same way... I don't know why I hate having to sew on buttons or stitch up seams... I have no idea why, either! I think it might be because I have to get everything out, thread the needle, and then I'm done in two minutes... I don't like knowing it's going to be done so quickly, and then I have to put everything away again when I *just* got it all out!

Shari said...

that's like my brother. he does landscaping for a living, but hated working in his own yard. it's totally understandable that a person wouldn't want to do something they've already spent all day on. lol.

i have a blinkie in my board siggy that says...."procrastination blinkie.. coming soon"