Monday, September 04, 2006

~Yarn as entertainment~

I have been stalling on completing my sweater, because I know, without a shadow of a doubt that it is NOT going to fit me. In order for it to fit me, I am going to have to lose a lot of weight (a LOT of weight). So I've been working on it here and there, but mostly half-heartedly.

I got a knitting book from the library, and the author states that yarn is entertainment. If you look at yarn as entertainment, it really isn't expensive to knit at all. To figure out how much it costs to entertain yourself per hour, just divide the cost of the yarn by the number of hours spent knitting. Voila! Cheap entertainment.

When looked at THAT way, I suppose that is true. So now I'm going to focus on finishing my sweater, so that someone else could benefit from it. I'm thinking either my mom or one of my sisters. And I'll repeat to myself how much fun I'm having as I knit. And next time, I'll make sure to pick out a pattern closer to my true size, not my imagined size! LOL

No comments: