Wednesday, January 23, 2008

~WIP Wednesday~

I always, always, always have some sort of project going! It doesn't feel "right" to have no WIP's about!

My ripple afghan had been neatly folded and set aside for awhile, and now I'm determined to finish it up as quickly as I can! I had to buy one more skein of yarn, but that is it! I'm buying NO MORE YARN for this project!!!

This is a picture from last spring, since I procrastinated today and never got around to taking a decent shot while it was still light out!



My cable scarf has been in and out of my workbag, but mostly in. I have a love/hate relationship with the cables. I love the way they look, but I get to feeling annoyed every row that I need to pick my cable needle up. It's just one more thing to have in my hands, I guess. I know there is a method for not using a cable needle, but I have tried it several times and it doesn't work for me. That being said, I hope by next Wednesday I will have a finished scarf to show off! I'm about 75% finished!

And then, because I needed another project, I cast on for this afghan:



The book with this pattern in it is coming out this spring. Oh, see the tan and brown square near the lower left hand corner of the picture? I knit that, and it ended up in the afghan pictured in the book! *big, silly grin*

So of course, since I have the pattern, I decided to start the afghan now. It will be a sampler of the socks I've knitted. I figure it will take a while, but that's ok! My first square is being knit with the yarn from my mother-in-law's socks.

That's "all" I have in the works...for now! *Grin*

PS. Stop by Mrs. H's blog if you have a WIP Wednesday to share!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy ~ Wow! I would have a grin on my face, too. Congratulations! I remember when you showed us your square. I "almost" partcipated but wasn't quite "with it" enough to enter anything. I'm so glad you're in the book! And I wish you well on using up all your sock yarn. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice Image(s)

Jennwith4 said...

I love those pictures! And that's "all" the projects? lol I'm doing good with my one!

cherylharrell (Mrs Harrell) said...

I love your ripple afghan. My grandma made me one in the mid 60's & I still have it. She made one for my mom too. I would love to learn how to make one of those. You have a talent there... :)

Mom of Five said...

Your ripple afghan is turning out very nicely. I want to make one myself so badly, but I am scared of having the same issue you have had...having to buy more and more yarn for it!

I also have a cable scarf on the needles, but since warm weather is only a month or so away around here, I have decided to hibernate it until fall, and finish it for next winter, along with one for dh.

Nikki said...

I like your afghan! I've got one that I put away about a year and a half ago that I really need to finish. I've only got the border left to do, but I have so many other things I would rather be doing.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this afghan! It looks like a lot of work though! But then one can use up some shorter pieces of left-over yard laying around :)

Mrs. U said...

Hi Tammy!!!
Where did you get the pattern for this afghan? I want to start a new project and a ripple afghan sounds like fun. I like the way yours looks- BEAUTIFUL!!

His,
Mrs. U