Monday, August 18, 2014

~$50 a week: Week 3~

This week it worked out for me to go shopping tonight. I had a coupon for $5/50 at Meijer, so I decided to just go to Meijer this week.

I still have a chicken in the freezer from two weeks ago. So this week I am determined to use that chicken! I look at the things I purchased and it doesn't look like enough for a week (?) but it's all I had on my list with a few things thrown in for good measure.


My grand total was $50.65! So if I don't have to run to the store for anything, then I met my challenge!

This is my menu:
(M) Leftovers
(T) taco salad (I have lettuce left from last week)
(W) roast chicken, rice
(T) potato pancakes (Kevin won't be here for dinner, hopefully I won't need stitches, haha)
(F) spaghetti
(S) broccoli chicken casserole

When I came home, I had to clear the table:


The above produce was what I picked from the garden today alone. Our garden is quite successful this year! When I went shopping, I also purchased necessary ingredients to make salsa. I have a batch of salsa verde in the canner right now!

No comments: