Thursday, August 21, 2014

~I don't even know where to start~

We had a yard sale (side note: I hate yard sales, both going to them and having them. Never.again.). I went through my clothes that I have stored in the basement. Three bins full of clothes, mostly full because they represented a variety of sizes from when I was losing weight. So I went through them and pulled a LOT of stuff to put in the yard sale (side side note: I sold one dress in the yard sale, everything else went to the thrift store. Next time I'll start with a trip to the thrift store. It's easier.).

Because I was in the middle of losing weight last year, nothing fits me this year. Well, that's not entirely true. I have a bin with these six things in it:


I don't even like three of the six things in there. True story.

I honestly don't know where to start. I literally need everything this winter (outerwear, coats, church clothes, every day clothes, pajamas, etc.)! It's overwhelming to me to even think about it! I found this wardrobe planner, which looks helpful. I just need to print it and start planning!

Any helpful hints?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If some of your garments are quality, you could just alter them to fit the new you. I've done that with many things that I love and have grown too small for. As a matter of fact, I have a lovely LL Bean coat that I have had for 15 years. It has been taken in and let out many times over the years, due to pregnancy and weight fluctuations.

Just a thought!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!!! I'd probably go to several Goodwills. I have purchased beautiful clothes, designer ones that I normally would not be able to afford at Goodwill. I'd start there. I'd get some things at Kohls and if you have a credit card, you can often wait for the 30% off coupons. Congratulations on the weight loss!