Wednesday, August 20, 2014

~New Vacuum~

I have been saving my Amazon gift cards up so I could buy a vacuum cleaner, but realized it was going to take a while! I asked some friends for vacuum recommendations, and one of my friends messaged me while she was shopping at Costco to tell me that their Shark vacuums were on sale.

I didn't think I'd be able to afford it so quickly after asking for recommendations, but because of the money I've saved from only spending $50 a week on groceries, plus dedicating some of the money from our yard sale toward a new vacuum, I had enough! When Kevin's mom was here we did some shopping at Costco and I purchased it then.

So now I'm the proud owner of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum!


Mine is gray, so I'm not sure that I have this exact model. But it's close! I wanted a vacuum that would vacuum not only our carpeted floors but the wood and hard surface floors also. I didn't want to spend a lot on a vacuum that would only work for carpet, because at this point we only have two rooms in our house that have carpet! So far, I've really been enjoying this vacuum! With a flip of the switch it goes from hard surface to carpet. It's a "lift-away" vacuum which means you can use it as a hand-held vacuum. I vacuumed our basement stairs with it and I have to say it was pretty handy! It is a little fiddly to get the "lift-away" part ready to use, but not enough fiddly that it will keep me from using it. The cord is long enough that I can plug it in in our dining room and vacuum the entire house.

I had a cheapo vacuum cleaner before and it never really vacuumed well, even when it was new, and did not vacuum hard surfaces. I set it out on the curb and it was gone within a half hour. It hasn't been returned (haha) but I bet whoever picked it up is pretty disappointed if they've tried to use it!

So there you go - I'm a happy customer! :-) All opinions are my own and I have not been compensated in the least. However, Shark company, if you're listening, I'll gladly try out something like this if you want to send it to me. ;-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! It even made the blog! ;) I guess we are kindred spirits since a vacuum could excite us both so much. Haha