Tuesday, August 26, 2014

~$50 a week: Week 4

Ah. I've yet to shop for this week, but it doesn't look promising. Because: hello, canning! The garden is throwing tomatoes at me and I'm doing my best to make full use of them!

Last week started the downward slide. After a long day of canning on Saturday, we got pizza for dinner. And on Sunday night after church we stopped by McDonald's. At least it didn't come out of the grocery budget. ;-)

Saturday I went to Meijer to get everything I needed for my canning projects. Last night I went back to get the rest of what I needed for my canning projects, and picked up yogurt, cereal, ground beef, and bananas. And then this morning I went back yet again to get canning lids. I'm nothing if not organized. Ha.

I love canning and I always seem to want to do more, more, more! But there are other things that go during this time (like housework and always cooking every meal!). The tomatoes are (hopefully? LOL) slowing down so I think I've got a handle on things now. And? I'm almost to 200 jars!!!

No comments: