Monday, May 19, 2008

~Daybook~

I found an interesting meme ("Daybook") last week, and thought I'd participate! It looks like a lot of fun!


May 19th
Outside My Window...the sun is shining oh, so brightly! I was very excited to hear on the news that we're warming up this week!

I am thinking...I need a better system for planning menus. I've been married nearly 8 years and yet I still struggle with this area.

I am thankful for...the sun shining today! the lilacs blooming in my yard! the Lord's faithfulness to me!

From the kitchen...I have beans soaking for dinner. We'll have a simple and healthy dinner of beans and rice tonight.

I am wearing...a khaki skirt, pink t-shirt and cream sweater.

I am creating...later on today I'm going to restart a lace knitting project I was struggling with yesterday. I will conquer the pattern! =)

I am going...no errands today...I do my grocery shopping on Tuesdays, so I'll put together my menu and list tonight.

I am reading...What Katy Did, a delightful old children's book.

I am hoping...the weather lady was right! =)

I am hearing...cardinals and goldfinches, which reminds me I need to get a goldfinch feeder when I do my shopping tomorrow.

Around the house...I'll probably do a quick pick-up this afternoon.

One of my favorite things...polk-dots! I enjoyed wearing my polka-dot sweater and matching shoes to church yesterday.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Tuesday, shopping. I'm not really sure what the rest of the week holds.

Here is picture thought I am sharing
...

My peace lily is finally blooming again! After not blooming for over a year...I was happy indeed to see my plant blooming!

For more Daybook entries, visit The Simple Woman.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I've seen this little meme here and there occasionally. I love it, but haven't participated yet. Maybe I will next Monday!

I had a peace lily for a while after we first moved here, but I couldn't get it to bloom at all and it eventually died. I love them, though; they're so graceful looking! Congrats on getting yours to bloom again!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had a peace lily for awhile. hmmm...not like I need any more plants at work...(typically too cold at home and afraid cats would have fun eating and tearing it apart...schilly girls).

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook and your blog is so lovely.
We share the same first name ;)
I can't wait to go look at your aprons now. They have become my new interest.
Have a wonderful warm day!☼

Linda said...

Good luck with your menu.

I'm not sure what you use now. I use mealsmatter.com.

This is my first week as well.

Susan that would be great.
www.homesteadblogger.com/ourlittlehouseintown

Kathy said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook! I hope your week is just perfect...Kathy@ Mimi's Garden