I'm pleased to show you my first outfit using Ottobre patterns!
Both are from the 3/2009 issue, and I made them in size 68. They are a bit big on The Baby, but that's ok. She's growing constantly! :-)
The Toffee Tunic:
and Hennina Pants:
The frill on the pant leg:
I bought the fabric from a local store. I was disappointed to see that their selection of fabric has dwindled. I guess the economy is hitting them too. I found the fabric for the top right away, but they didn't have any coordinating prints for it. I looked and looked and finally found a green that matched perfectly. I was so pleased! It was from a Christmas line of fabric, but it doesn't really look Christmasy to me!
I had quite an adventure tracing the pattern, and figuring out where to add seam allowances and where to not add seam allowances. I cut the front pant legs out only to realize that I hadn't added the seam allowance along the waist. Thankfully, I had enough fabric to cut it out again!
I'm looking forward to using more patterns from my Ottobre issues!
15 hours ago