Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Another Knitting Challenge


As I've said before, I just love to challenge myself and learn new techniques. Knitting is a relatively new passion for me. I started following knitting patterns just this year. I've known HOW to knit since I was 17 or so, and I had made a few scarves, but I didn't know how to follow a pattern. Library books have really helped me!

I haven't given up on my lace...I just haven't worked on it for a while. :)

But anyhow, my new project was to learn "Entrelac". If you look closely at the picture, the knitting looks like it is woven strips of knitting. It isn't. It's knitted that way! I had a lot of fun learning the technique. It wasn't hard at all, especially since I had detailed instructions out of a book. I plan to make this into a pillow for my couch. I just need to knit a back for it. My next challenge using this technique will be to knit it in two colors, so that it looks like a checkerboard. I think I will work on my lace a bit more, before I get yarn for that project though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that does look really cool! I never learned how to knit. I crotched some when I was younger, but that is about it. =)

Jamie said...

OH that looks neat. I sure wish I had the patience to learn to knit. I am ever so impressed Tammmy

Carolyn said...

Wow Tammy! YOu are a woman of many many talents! I cant even begin to knit!