Thursday, September 29, 2005

A little of everything...

I'm sitting here enjoying Celestial Seasoning's Chai Tea. 'Tis the weather for tea!

Our fall weather has arrived. Today's high is projected at 58*. Brrrrr! I like a little more of a transition between summer weather and fall weather. :) The trees are turning more and more each day. This is one thing that I tremendously enjoy about fall.

My fingers are healing well. They still hurt, of course, but the wounds look like they are healing properly. I don't know if I'll ever be able to use that knife again, without thinking of my accident!

I finished Pride and Prejudice. It took me a while to read it, because of the old English. It's funny that people really used to talk that way. :) The chapters are short, and that proved helpful in finishing the book. I had watched the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice previously and realized as I read the book how excellent their casting was. Mrs. Bennet especially! I want to read the rest of Jane Austin's books, but I'll save that for later.

I have a small job! I have been looking for a part time job, without success. The office manager at Kevin's work told him I should clean houses, and that she would have me clean her house. I'm going to start out at every other week. My fingers need to heal first, though. I'm not sure when I'm starting, but I'm looking forward to it. One of my sisters cleans houses, so I'm planning on getting some tips from her.

I want to get some pumpkins for my front porch. Pumpkins are so cheery and fallish. Some years I have cooked the pumpkins I decorated with and frozen the pumpkin puree. (This process involves the big knife I cut myself with. Hmmmm) Other years the pumpkins haven't lasted long enough.

Well, I have much to do today, so I'll sign off for now. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo...I should do a pumpkin in the front this year! I could do that.

That is great that you have a small job anyway. If you do a great job...and enjoy it...I bet you'll get more jobs without even trying.

Corene said...

bucket, soap, rag, broom, mop, just to name a few things you need to use for cleaning. Oh and lots of elbow grease.

But then you already knew that. he he