Monday, September 19, 2005

More pictures!

For some reason, I could only get a few pictures on my one post.

Here is a view from the dining room. This cabinet is where I keep my recycle stuff, and cleaning supplies.


And here I am:


There are a few things I am going to change. I need to change the decorations around on the wall so they don't look like a line of decorations. Hehe...I'm not very good with getting decorations up on the wall and liking their placement on the first try. So I usually have to try a few times.

Secondly, I am going to somehow do something with my valance. I made it today. I'm not sure if the fabric shrunk, or I didn't measure right or what, but there is no fullness to the valance at all. I am so disappointed. I realize that sometimes valances will not have any fullness, but it just looks so plain and unplanned. It looks like it's made for a smaller window. I will have to get another piece of the same fabric, in order to do anything different. I could have cried when I got it put up! Oh well, at least my painting is finished! I'm very happy about that!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I like your valance. On the decorating shows I've been watching, they're doing a lot of Roman shades on kitchen windows, and they are just plain, not full, and they give such a neat look. And I love the red plaid! I do understand not being satisfied when something doesn't look like you'd planned it, though.