Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Mum's the Word!


After pulling out my petunias the other day, I wanted some color in my flower bed. I thought mums would be nice. So while I was out yesterday afternoon, I bought five mum plants. I forgot how big my flower bed was, and when I got home and planted them the bed sure does look skimpy! I planted them in one corner of the bed, near my front steps. I hope that they will take off and grow well for me! They are supposed to last until it freezes, which isn't that far off.

While I was digging the holes for them, I kept coming upon earthworms. Yucky. =) I know its a good thing, but still, I had forgotten to wear my gardening gloves, so I was trying to avoid touching them. They kept appearing in clumps of dirt that I was handling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!! They'll fill the area in nicely, I think!!!! Have a great and wonderful day!!! Love, Holly

Anonymous said...

I got some mums for my birthday. I planted them, but I'm not sure they are going to make it. =P oh well.

Nikki said...

That looks great!!! They will fill in pretty good...I think!!!

Susan said...

Your garden and your blog are looking great! Looks like you're learning a lot.

I'd like to plant some mums or something for fall, but I'm not a natural gardener and I don't want to waste my money! LOL

Jamie said...

Oh Tammy I love your blog! I wish I had a flower garden. Your making me jealous! LOL actually I bookmarked all those links for flower catalogs you posted on the well a long time ago. I cant wait to see how your garden grows! (Mainly for ideas for mine) LOL I love you Tammy ! I just think your too cute and sweet!