Saturday, September 03, 2005

Weeds, Weeds, Weeds...and a few flowers too!

This morning I went out to tackle my front flower beds. Kevin was a sweetie and dug out a bush that I didn't like. I've taken so much out of the flower beds that I didn't like! I kind of felt guilty about pulling perfectly good plants out of the ground, but when it came down to it, I just didn't like them! So why should I weed around them?

The previous owner had planted petunias in the front flower bed. As I was weeding today, the weeds were intertwined with the petunias, and the flower roots were so shallow that I ended up pulling out the petunias along with the weeds. My next door neighbor came out, and asked me why I was pulling my flowers out. :-) We had a nice talk, and I found out that the bushy-tree things in my back yard are lilacs. Those will look so pretty in the spring! I was happy to find out what they are.

After my neighbor went back inside, I got back to my weeding. I left one of the flower beds alone, except for a few tall weeds. I'll have to get the weeds later...the petunias are still so pretty, and I don't want an empty flower bed just yet. Besides, the weeds help fill in the empty spots! :D

Here is a picture of the petunias I didn't weed, as well as my geraniums:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! we were working on finishing getting the bushes out in the back. we finally got the second stump out. =)

Carolyn said...

Wow Tammy, you have really been working hard!
I lvoe love love love lilacs!

Tami said...

Oh Tammy, I am so jealous ~~ while you were outside weeding I was scrubbing bathroom floors on my hands and knees!!!!

Welcome to the blog world - I consider this a way to knit our hearts together even more than we already do!! Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Jamie said...

Oh how beautiful! Your doing so good with your flowers..I wish we had a house to plant flowers around! :)

Anonymous said...

Tammy! Great job. They really add to the beauty of your yard and house.