Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Fall has come to my house!

On Saturday I pulled out my fall decorations and decorated my living room and dining room for fall. I also went to Hobby Lobby (a huge store, somewhat like Michaels)and all the fall decorations were half off! I got a few new things to add to my fall decorations I already had: a leaf garland, a scarecrow, two sets of candleholders, and some votive candles.

Here is the scarecrow I got. Doesn't he look so friendly and welcoming?

I put up a leaf garland in the doorway between the living room and the dining room. I think it adds just the right touch! I plan on putting some sort of garland up for my Christmas decorations.

Every fall, I bring out two afghans that were crocheted by my great grandma, and Kevin's grandma. They were made in the 70's so they are orange and brown and green--not colors I would normally decorate with!

Here is my coffee table~

The doilies are ones I picked up at a yard sale several years ago for 5 cents each. They are perfect for my fall decorations! I crocheted the pumpkins several years ago.

Here is the dining room:


I had a lot of fun decorating for fall this year! I love the fall season....the briskness in the air, the leaves changing, and the apples! Last fall I discovered all the different varieties of apples at fruit stands! I love to go to a fruit stand and get the tree-ripened apples. Last week I got a variety called Honeycrisp. They are tarter than their name suggests, but they are crisp!

Happy fall, y'all!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

It looks so nice Tammy!

Susan said...

I love your fall decorations! You've inspired me to get mine out - what few there are - and get started decorating for fall.

Anonymous said...

No fall decoration here, but it is definitely beginning to feel like fall. I noticed it a lot when we got back. It is by far my favorite time of the year. =)

BTW, the place looks great!