Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2005 sped by so fast! I look forward to 2006 to see how the Lord will work in my life, and how I can better serve Him.

The start of a new year is a time many people take for making resolutions. I typically take the time on New Year's to write out a list of resolutions. Sometimes I write my resolutions on my birthday (in November). I believe the quote, "If you aim for nothing you hit it every time."

Have you noticed that the advertisements and merchandising at the beginning of the year are focused on: weight loss--weight loss products, exercise equipment, gym memberships, etc.; gum/patches to help one stop smoking; and organizing products. We were in Sam's Club, and Kevin mentioned that the large shelving units that are usually set up to separate the doorways were no longer there. I pointed out that there were products there for resolutions--all kinds of exercise equipment. The merchandisers know how to make their money this time of year.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on the resolutions I make. In fact, I really don't need to spend ANY money on the resolutions I've made. This year, I resolve to:

Have a closer walk with the Lord
Exercise and eat healthy

For my walk with the Lord, I realize I need to get up early (which is something I do not enjoy doing!), and go to bed earlier. With God's help, it can be done!

I already have the dvd's to exercise with. I love to eat healthy foods...I feel so much better when I do! Last year, I went for nine weeks on a diet called "Fit for Life." I have never felt better in my life! It just takes a lot of time in the kitchen, and a lot of vegetables and fruits. But when I take the time, it is so much better for me!

God's blessings on everyone's New Year!

1 comment:

tkrimms said...

Hi Tammy! I did the 2005 Weight Loss Challenge thru Health Discovery - I lost 40 pounds last year! I went from 175 (at not even 5'2) to 135!!

Consider joining the blog Rebecca and I have, Hodgepodge of Sagging Bottoms. We find it very helpful! Rebecca is an administrator, so if you are interested, let her know and she can send you an invitation to join!!