Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'm so excited!

Tonight at church I found out that one of the ladies I frequently talk to is a knitter! She was telling me about some of the things that she has made, and she said she'd try to remember to wear one of her sweaters next Sunday so I can see it.

She said that her mom got her and her sister started in knitting when she was in 7th grade. Her dad thought that the only people that should knit were old ladies, so she didn't knit when he was around. LOL

I've been knitting for several years now, and she is the first non-old lady I've met who knits. *Grin* (And just for your info, I dearly love the old-lady knitters!)

1 comment:

FrequentReader said...

I spent the evening knitting, myself. I'd never have patience for a sweater, but I am determined to finish up the skein of cotton I bought for making dish rags. LOL!