Thursday, February 08, 2007

~Hello, Blogland!~

No one asked me any questions. =( I guess you know all the answers? Hehehe

Our church had a missions conference, and while it was wonderful to be under the extra preaching, and to hear from missionaries and see what they have been doing in their field, it left me with very little time in the evenings.

One thought for tonight...
We had a president from a Bible society come and give a presentation. He didn't give a challenge, but my heart was challenged nonetheless! I do not remember the statistics, but there are many people over the world wide who do not have even a verse written in their language. There are others who have just portions of the Bible. What challenged me? The number of Bibles *I* have. I need to be: more grateful for the Word of God, and I need to read more. Oh, to think of all the people across the world who have never read and cannot read God's Word only because they do not have it translated into their language!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,

I always enjoy hearing the different speakers during our mission emphasis month (October). Right now we are doing stewardship month. We do have so much here, that it is so easy to take things for granted. We have 4 bibles and many refernce books. How many in another country would be over joyed to receive just one!

Take Care,

Trixie

Mishel said...

I have often thought the same thing about the number of Bibles we have and how fortunate we are to be able to read God's Word so freely or just head out to the Christan book store and buy a Bible. Thanks for the good reminder that we need to cherish God's Word.

Julieann said...

I agree, we are very fortunate to be able to read the bible!!

Also, after leaving my comment in the last post, I thought of something(s) I wanted to ask, if it is not too late. You had mentioned to me about living in California--can you post a little bit about it. Have you ever been to my town in San Clemente. What made you leave?

Also, I also noticed that both of our husbands name is Kevin (lol) How did you meet him?

And last, but not least--when did you learn to knit? Did you teach yourself or did you have some one help you?

Hope you don't mind my questions being so late.

Julieann:)

Tammy said...

Holly, that is called meddling, not asking questions. LOL

Jennwith4 said...

Hmmm, I'd say it was called causing trouble.