Saturday, March 10, 2007

~Smart Habits Saturday~

Lara over at The Lazy Organizer hosts Smart Habits Saturday each weekend. I decided to participate this week.

***First, I'm continuing to make my bed each morning. This has been a wonderful challenge to myself, and I believe I could safely say that it has become a habit. I started on January 20th, and from that date (not counting Saturdays when I wash my sheets), I have only left my bed unmade one morning. I love having my bed made each day.

***I started this challenge last Monday: no sugar. On my 101 List I have "no sugar for one month", but I'll probably just keep going with it. I feel so much better when I don't eat sugar. I did well this week, and I need to keep up with it this week! I've successfully avoided the Girl Scout cookies that a coworker keeps sticking on the counter!

***Also started on Monday (another 101 item): drink only water and herbal teas for three weeks. I did great with this until last night, when my husband took me to Starbucks. I had a decaf coffee. I'm not starting the challenge over unless I "goof" again. It was a date night and I didn't want to disappoint my hubby. =)

***Do the dishes and sweep the floors right after dinner. This is something I need to establish as a habit!

Thanks for reading! Do you have any good habits you need to work on? It seems like there is always something to work on! =)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree, there is always something to work on! I'm always sweeping right after dinner to, my kids are young though and make messes at every meal. lol I should probably do dishes then too. Way to go on the no sugar challenge! I don't think I'm ready to do that one. ;) Keep up the good work Tammy.

An Ordinary Mom said...

I like your 101 List. What a great idea.

I am impressed with your No Sugar habit. I should adopt that one.

Good luck this week with sweeping the floor and doing the dishes right after dinner.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,
I am what the blog world calls a "lurker." I don't have a blog, but I enjoy reading other's blogs. I wonder, though, if other bloggers do not welcome lurker's comments. Maybe you can answer that one for me. I really was writing to ask if your no sugar challenge was no sweets, or no sugar period? - as in nothing containing sugar: granola bars, cereals, breads...all the things that contain some sugar. I'm just curious. I know I need to cut out sweets for a bit. (I like a little very day!) Thanks. Jolene

Tammy said...

Thank you for the comments! =)

Jolene, nice to "meet" you. As for the "no sugar" I am applying it to foods that have quite a bit of sugar in them (cookies, donuts, etc.). I realize sugar is in most breads, cereals, etc. I don't eat much bread, and when I do, it is 100% whole wheat. The bread I buy probably does have a small amount of sugar in it. My cereal choices are from those very low in sugar (Cheerios or Grape Nuts, for example). So I'm not going for 100% no sugar at all, but I would say on any given day that I have not consumed much sugar at all, since most of the foods I eat are made from scratch.

Cherish the Home said...

Wow, no sugar, good for you Tammy!

And I agree with your reasoning on deciding to drink the decaf coffee for date night. As long as you started anew, I see no reason to count the occasional treat as a failure to reach your goal. (o:

This post was very inspiring, thank you.

Heather K said...

Hi Tammy--Just thought I'd pop in and see what you had to say. I like your saturday challenge thingy. I think Starbucks has herbal tea doesn't it..? That way you can go to Starbucks and not disappoint yourself or your hubby...I'm impressed with your no sugar challenge.. I don't eat much sugar, but what I do eat I really enjoy! I don't buy boxed food to speak of so yeah... it would mostly be the treats I'd lose... hmmm
Way to go!! good for you. Feel free to drop by my blog
ps..
I can relate to the bed making.. I'll have to give it a try
=o)