Saturday, March 24, 2007

~Smart Habits Saturday~

Pop on over to Lara's blog to view other smart habits people are forming!

Time for honesty:
***Bedmaking: going along great! Ok, last week, I thought I only had several more days. Um, no, I have a whole 'nother month! LOL But it is a habit now, for sure!

***No sugar: confession time...I had a pastry yesterday at work. We had a company lunch, and it was delayed in order for one of my coworkers to make it in from a meeting. I was starving. If I hadn't eaten that pastry, I probably would have fainted from starvation. Or something like that... There was a box of donuts in the back. I looked at them twice, and walked away each time, but then I came back. My pastry was good. It was also the first time I've eaten sugar since I started this challenge (one month without sugar). I will just continue on!

***Drink only water and herbal teas: This one has been so easy this week. But let me tell you, it's not smart to drink Sleepytime tea first thing in the morning!!!

***Do the dishes and sweep the floors right after dinner: I was doing better with the dishes before I made this a goal! *Groan* This week hasn't been a good dishes week. However, I'm dusting myself off and hopping back up! I will conquer this goal!!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, one pastry is better then eating 5, so way to go! One month without sugar, you're my hero. :D Keep up the good work with your goals!

Jennwith4 said...

Keep up the good work Tammy! Hey if you guys get home in time on Sunday PM try to watch the service at North Valley I'm supposed to be doing a special with a trio from our church.

Lara said...

A whole month without sugar??? You are amazing! Just don't let yourself start slipping backwards like I always do.

I'm sure you'll do better with the dishes this week!

Unknown said...

After reading Martha Stewart's Housekeeping book and see the suggestion to wash dishes and sweep your kitchen floor nightly I've also been trying to do this. And I'm failing at it too.

An Ordinary Mom said...

You are making some wonderful progress. Good luck this week!

Tricia said...

Don't worry about the pastry - the fact that you've only had sugar one time in all this time is amazing!

Tammy said...

Thank you, everyone, for the encouragement! It really did mean a lot to me! To clarify, the challenge is to go 1 month without sugar; I'm about 3 weeks into the challenge. =)

Peculiar Blogs said...

You are doing great!! Just forget about the pastry and keep on keeping on! I am so proud of you!!

Good luck on the dishes this week!