Wednesday, May 02, 2007

~Yum-o~

Every time I've tried one of Rachel Ray's recipes, I am not disappointed!

Tonight I made Spaghetti con Aglio e Olio with Tomato and Onion Salad. (I was sweet and found the recipe for you! ;-) ). I used plain anchovies and added crushed red peppers.

The book says this:
If you think you don't like anchovies, you're wrong. The anchovies will melt into the oil and break up completely. Help break them up with a wooden spoon as they cook. Once they melt into oil, the anchovies will no longer taste like fish, but like salted, toasted nuts in garlic oil.


The tomato and onion salad is as follows:
1 fistful parsley (I see now that the recipe calls for flat-leaf, and I used regular parsley. Oh well!)
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 small white or yellow onion, quartered and sliced thinly

Mix all together and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

I also served crusty bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was a great meal...and it only took me 35 minutes start to finish! It had a "fancy" air to it, like something you would pay a lot of money for at an Italian restaurant, and it really didn't cost that much to make!

5 comments:

Annecourager said...

I keep hearing scads about Rachael Ray but I don't watch TV so I haven't seen what she's like. But this recipe sounds yummo! Too bad tomatoes and onions are on the hit list for S.


We do olive oil and balsamic vinegar often. It's one of our faves. I like to warm the oil with a crushed garlic clove in it first. Okay. I'm hungry now.

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe, I cannot wait to try it.

We are pretty adventurous eaters, but should I tell the hubby there are anchovies involved? lol. I might just keep it a secret...although he does like ceasar salad, and that has anchovies in it. Hmmmmm.

Hannah said...

Ah! Rachel Ray isn't one to let you down with a recipe! lol I don't know that I'd like that recipe (I'm a bit of a picky eater *blushes*) but the recipes she had on her show this morning look scrummy! (scrumptious+yummy= Scrummy...a friend of mine made that up)
I've been enjoying your blog for awhile now...I just VERY rarely comment. :)

theups said...

HAAH! I LOOOOVE Rachael Ray and I could practically hear her talking when I read your post!!! :)

I know what she says about anchovies, but since I DETEST all things seafoodish, I just can't bring myself to try it yet... maybe one day... :)

His,
Mrs. U

Jenn said...

I LOVE her recipes too. I only really learned about her this year myself. I rarely watch the show anymore, but every now and then I will, and her website is great with all the recipes listed for us!!

Jenn :)