Tuesday, February 12, 2008

~Freeeeezing Cold~

My goodness, is it ever cold! and snowy! I'm glad someone is happy when it snows!
--------->

I wove in all the ends and lightly blocked my Reversible Cabled Scarf last Thursday. It makes me very pleased to wear it. Even if I don't tell anyone I made it, *I* know, and it just makes me happy. *Smiles* The last scarf that I made for myself was made out of "fun fur" when I first started knitting. So it was time to make myself one using my more refined knitting skills! I love the color. I love the pattern. I love the yarn. It is 100% wool, so it is a little scratchy around my neck. I'll just have to pay attention to what I'm wearing before I grab my scarf, that's all! If I have a higher-necked sweater on, it is perfectly fine!

9 comments:

jubilee said...

Hi Tammy! Great looking scarf, wish I had talent like that. Found your blog through Scribbit. I love your coffee cup with your name in it. How'd you do that? So cool. Or hot, since it's coffee, yes?!

Tammy said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I did my coffee cup at imagechef.com.

Jennwith4 said...

It's very pretty!

Heather said...

I love the scarf Tammy! Congrats on finishing it! I find it so rewarding to wear things that I have made myself. So...what kind of wool did you use?

Mrs. U said...

Goodness Tammy, this is GORGEOUS!!! You are SO talented in SO many areas!!!

How long did it take you to learn to knit? Do you crochet, also? If so, which one did you learn first? I ask because I'm having a hard time knitting after crocheting for so long (trying to hold those 2 needles at one time is aggravating!!!!).

His,
Mrs. U

Jodi said...

Oh, It's very pretty, Tammy! Beautiful pattern - and - I love the color. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the colour too, very pretty. I hope it warms up for you!

abrightnewdawn said...

Hi Tammy, it's been a while since i've been around, and i can say i have missed your blog!! I love that you have a shop now. I will be around more now, just wanted to say Hi!

Tammy said...

Thank you everyone! Heather--details are on my Ravelry page, but I used Classic one fifty by Classic Elite Yarns. It is 100% fine merino wool.

Mrs. U--I learned to crochet first and then I learned to knit. I did have the benefit of an older lady from church teaching me. It does take awhile to get used to two needles!